Monday, August 15, 2016

Getting organized

 Way back in 2012, I did attempt Leslie Saeta's
30 paintings in 30 days challenge.
I did about fifteen paintings.
Not bad,
but not 30.

So this time I have a plan!
Beware a woman with a plan!
above, you can see I have been hitting every canvas sale in town.
My only limitation is size and cash.
I'm sticking to 8 x 10 and 8 x 8 canvases.
I'm also trying to get gallery wraps as much as possible...
a little bit pricier, but no framing necessary.

Paint


Lots of paint!
I am working in acrylics because it dries fast
and....
I seem to have a lot of it!
Although you can see a wild collection of color here,
for the most part, I plan on sticking to a limited palette.


The third part of the plan is to use this covered palette
to save paint from one day to the next
and try to use leftover paint from one day's work
on a smaller painting the next day.
Since I tend to mix big piles of paint when working with acrylics,
this could be a time and money saver.

So these last few weeks in August are dedicated to cleaning up the studio,
sketching out 30 (or more) possible ideas,
and gearing up for the challenge,
Oh!
and one more thing...
I'm limiting my subject matter somewhat.
My theme for the 30 paintings in 30 days is:
WINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment