Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Click to buy
A new friend from Europe was looking at my online gallery
a few days ago and noticed that my style
varies wildly.
I get bored.
One one hand, that's a good thing,
it makes me explore new mediums and techniques.
It makes the world of art appear limitless.
I can do whatever I want on my little
 world of canvas or paper.
Lots of fun.
On the other hand,
it seems to annoy galleries, collectors and
European friends.

Hmmmm.

So, my internal artist has been digesting this.
Wandering around the internet,
looking at artwork by artists I admire.
Sure enough, they seem to have a rather static style.

So, in the interest of switching things up once again,
 I've decided to start with
the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge
hosted by Leslie Saeta.
I've already committed to it.
Now I am setting parameters for myself
such as subject, canvas size and surface, palette
and now I am thinking style must be added.
Can I paint 30 paintings all in one style?
Of course I can.

Can't I?

Well, we will certainly see.
The last two angel paintings as well as the first couple were all painted on canvases that were first prepared with black gesso.
So I am thinking that at least ten canvases must be prepped with black gesso.
The angel in shades of gray was done on a surface prepped with
a modeling compound.
So ten will get modeling compound.
I'm leaving ten as wild cards.
They may get surface preps and they may not.
They key will be they will all be more or less in the same style.
Mixed media acrylic (less expensive than my oils)
big brush, expressive and a touch of linear.

The angel in this blog is in that style,
big impressionist strokes,
scraped in lines.
Click on the bottom
to see more details.

Check back for more information on the upcoming 30 in 30 challenge.
I'll be posting information on my preparations
and daily paintings right here!


No comments:

Post a Comment