Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"Woodland Haiku"  watercolor

This autumn has been golden red magic.
I have underestimated the Missouri landscape terribly, thinking there wasn't much drama going on.

New Mexico and Arizona spoiled me.

I was blessed with time enough to wander,
dream and be inspired.
Inspiration came not only in packing up my
long unused watercolors and hitting the trails,
but poetry and haiku sang through my mind as I hiked.

I quickly learned to pack a journal as well as
a few apples.
Silence would surround me as a sank into
the process of using color and water.
eventually, the sound of the wind through dry leaves
began to enter.
Small animals began to come near.
I felt like I was in a Disney movie.
Enchanted.

I took the quiet home with me,
and shared it with a few precious friends.
My soulplace is so full of gratitude.
thank you
thank you
thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment